Mining Law and Mine Development
Encouraging investment for junior miners is becoming a persistent issue amid faltering markets and investors increasingly seeking ways to settle their capital in other markets, stocks and companies that can guarantee its safeguarding and growth.
We offer a seamless, efficient service and have advised numerous clients on mining related issues. The mining sector in South Africa plays a crucial role in the industrial development of the country.
Strategy For Private Sector Companies
R.M Strauss Attorneys provides strategic and tactical advice to private sector companies in respect of negotiating, drafting and vetting agreements such as:
- Mining management agreements
- Contract mining and offtake agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Consultancy agreements
- Coal supply agreements
- Plant and equipment leasing agreements
- Subcontract agreements
How Can We Help You?
We can aid each client in the following matters:
- Obtain approvals and consents from competent authorities
- Assist clients in dealing with employment and labour related issues in the mining sector
- Comply with black economic empowerment legislation and regulations
- Advice in respect of the MPRDA, Mining Charter and Codes of Good Practice
- Structuring mining and offtake agreements with mineral right holders to expedite the commencement of mining operations
- Litigation, arbitration and dispute resolution
We Assist Junior Miners
Our legal team supports junior miners to develop their projects. We focus on fast-tracking your company on the road to profitability. We are able, through our network of qualified mining clients and offtakers of raw materials, to provide a turnkey service, which will result in the junior miner achieving its financial and production objectives.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact us.